Table of Contents
No Card, No Problem: A Guide to Using Cardless Withdrawal Services
Have you noticed an extra option seen in the ATMs in some banks in Nepal? Recently, a cardless withdrawal service has been add by a bank in Nepal after covid-19 time. So, let us learn what a cardless service is.
What is a cardless withdrawal in Nepal service?
A service that provides you to withdraw money from an ATM without needing an ATM Card. The banking and finance body has started adding the latest technology to the banking system, which is a good sign for the tech field.
Cardless ATMs allow you to withdraw cash without presenting your debit card. It is now possible to withdraw money from ATMs without an ATM card. Instead of paying an extra fee, customers can withdraw money using their mobile banking application.
This is an additional facility for mobile banking customers to withdraw money without a card.
In first, Sunrise Bank started a cardless ATM for the first time during the pandemic.
Currently, the cardless service is limited only to the network of a particular bank.
How to Get money without ATM Card in Nepal.
In order to use cardless withdrawal in Nepal, you need to have an active mobile banking service in your respective bank. Go to the mobile app and start by logging in to your mobile banking app and selecting the cardless withdrawal option. Once you’ve done that, you’ll receive a one-time password (OTP) number, which adds an extra layer of security., selecting the cardless withdraw option, and selecting the amount of money to withdraw.
Now it’s time to go to the nearest ATM. Select the cardless withdrawal option on the machine and choose your preferred language. Then, enter the mobile number that is registered with your bank account. Afterwards, input the OTP provided earlier. Once these steps are completed, you can enter the desired amount of money that you wish to withdraw from your account. The ATM will then dispense this amount in cash, now your cardless withdrawal money in your hand.
Step-by-step process of withdrawing money without an ATM
- In mobile: Go to the mobile banking app and log in
- Select the Cardless Withdraw option in the mobile app of the respective bank.
- After that, select the required money to withdraw. It should be divided by 500.
- Now, you will receive the OTP code on your registered mobile number.
- On the ATM Machine: select the cardless option.
- Choose the preferred language. (English or Nepali)
- Enter your mobile number, a registered number in your mobile banking and tap on continue.
- Enter the amount: the same amount you have entered on your mobile phone and tap on continue.
- After getting verified you will receive cash from the ATM.
- A printed receipt is optional.
Advantages of Cardless Withdrawal in Nepal
- It is simple and secure, easy to use.
- It is convenient
- Get rid of ATM cards, and pay fewer service fees.
- Less charge service
- Zero-touch Contactless withdrawals
Disadvantages of Cardless Withdrawal Service
- Not all banks have this service.
- We have to go physically to the ATM.
- Not all banks’ ATMs Support this service.
- Not available in cross networks bank.
Banks that provide Cardless withdrawal Banking Services are:
- Nabil Bank
- Shangri-la Development Bank
- Everest Bank
- Prime Bank
- Laxmi Sunrise Bank
- NIC Asia Bank
Now it is only available only on its ATM networks. However, more banks are going to add inter-bank ATMS soon.
How much money can be withdrawn from cardless withdrawal in Nepal?
- The minimum and maximum amount can be withdrawn in a day at a minimum of Rs 500 to 25,000 at a time.
- We can withdraw a minimum of 500 to 1,00,000 in a day. And 4,00,000 in a month.
It’s understandable to be concerned about the security of modern technological advancements, but cardless ATMs offer a safe way to withdraw cash when you’re out and about. Although cardless ATMs aren’t used regularly, they can be handy at some point in the future; they’re convenient, secure, and easy to use.
Recommended Read how to cardless payment with eSewa digital wallet